Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Future Styling

Synopsis:
  • Mustang's future modifications
  • Cervini's concept hood
  • Debate between Mustang body kits
  • Front grille for V6 Mustang with Pony Package
So another week has gone by, and doesn't look like there will be an opportunity this week to change my tires to my summer set. Not a big deal, will give me more time to plan my future expenses. Which brings me to today's blog, future modifications for my Mustang.
This week will be about exterior styling for the S197 body. After a year with my Mustang, I really wanted to transform my car with the Eleanor body kit, but at the time, there was no point. While approaching four years old, it might be time to consider an exterior lift here and there. Below is a list of what I envision purchasing for my car, please feel free to comment on any concerns or observations.
Hood:                    Cervini's Concept Hood. I find this hood very attractive on the S197 Mustangs, much more than those with the hood scoops. It maintains its sleekness, but also allows for additional air intake.
Body kit:              As mentioned, I really love the Eleanor style body kit, but a few things are to consider. While priced over $1,000, it seems a bit expensive, especially when unpainted. The second is the side exhausts, while very attractive, it would also mean the need to change the exhaust system, which will be covered next week or the following. However, if I opt out of getting a side exhaust system, I also love the Generation 1 body kits from Street Scene, for the V6 Mustang obviously.
Grilles:                  Providing the front fascia does not change the grille shape, I would like to add a billet grille. This would fit perfectly with the stock fog lights and Mustang emblem.
Again, please feel free to leave your input on anything that was discussed. Thanks!
-Serge

No comments:

Post a Comment