Monday, March 14, 2011

Current Modifications

Happy Monday! These weekends go by way too quickly, what's even harder to believe is that my Mustang is approaching is fourth birthday this upcoming June! (based on the purchase date, not the production date)
Synopsis:
  • First drive off the lot with my new Mustang
  • First modification: Chrome exhaust tip
  • Second modification: FR500 rims
I remember driving it off the lot on the very first day of Summer in 2007, bright sunny skies, warm summer air, and the sound of the engine as I hit the highway. I don't think I have ever been so happy in my short life (being 22 at the time), and proud of my purchase.
After a few hand washes, getting closer acquainted, there were minor details that I would have liked to change. The first was the tailpipe, I know it's only a V6, but I still hated the stock exhaust tip. I wasn't going to invest too much on a brand new car, especially converting to a dual exhaust system. So to satisfy my critique, I purchased a chrome exhaust tip. It was a small modification, but still added to the rear end.
My next critique were the rims, don't get me wrong, I love the bullitts, but there were so many on the road already. I wanted mine to stand out, so during the winter months of 2007, I did some shopping. I was always fond of the rims on the Super Snake, forged alloy, ten spoke, and very aggressive. However, these rims came at a very high price, but I was determined to have them... or ones similar.
After searching through many websites, I finally came across the wheels that I wanted at a very reasonable price. The FR500 replica wheels from American Muscle, in chrome, were the closest I could get to the Alcoa rims but were also very attractive on their own. Though seeing as they were in the U.S., I was afraid of the accompanying fees, but found out they have a Canadian link with 2KoolPerformance in Prescott, Ontario. After contacting 2KoolPerformance, my order for my rims and tire package was placed.
Once received, I installed my new set of FR500's with Nitto 555 rubbers, and the overall look of the car dramatically changed. It looked absolutely stunning and was, yet again, proud of my decision.  Below is the picture of my car, which is actually used by American Muscle on its product page for the FR500 rims as the product image!

That's all I have for now, next time I'll try to post about upcoming projects and suggestions.
Until next time!
-Serge

No comments:

Post a Comment